Having a urology issue can be extremely painful. When you go to a doctor with this type of issue, you expect the issue to improve, rather than get worse. If you or someone you know has been harmed by urology treatment or surgery, you may have been a victim of medical malpractice. At Arfaa Law Group, our skilled Baltimore medical malpractice attorneys will take the time to thoroughly examine the facts of your case and determine whether or not negligence played a role. You can rest assured that if we take on your case, we will fight to get you the full and fair compensation you deserve.
Urology is the branch of medicine that focuses on surgical and medical diseases of the male and female urinary tract system. Urologists also treat problems that affect the kidneys, prostate, testes, bladder, urethra, ureter, and pelvic floor. Furthermore, urologists often treat problems with male reproductive organs, including conditions such as erectile dysfunction and impotence. Urology errors can happen in a variety of ways, including:
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of prostate, bladder, or kidney cancer;
- Mismanagement of cancer patients;
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of urological issues;
- Failure to perform incontinence surgery properly;
- Circumcision errors;
- Vasectomy errors;
- Medication errors;
- Failure to appropriately test patients;
- Failure to properly monitor patients; or
- Failure to get informed consent before a procedure.